Visiting Artists and Speakers

Exhibition Loan Agreement
Foreign National Information Form
Gallery Floor Plan
W-9 Form

Work-Study Program

The Hanes Gallery employs approximately 6-8 work study students per academic year to serve as gallery assistants. These students assist with special events, exhibitions, and installation.



Gallery assistants must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate student at Wake Forest University and qualify to receive federal work-study funds. The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides job opportunities for students who demonstrate financial need. FWS eligibility is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and is awarded as part of the student’s financial aid package. Earnings are paid directly to the student each month as work is performed.[/expand]


Gallery assistants’ duties primarily include staffing the gallery to keep it open to visitors during all hours of operation, including weekends and some evening hours, greeting visitors, basic record-keeping, assisting with receptions and events, helping to install, move and pack artwork, etc. Work schedule varies in intensity, so students have to transition from “study” to work mode quickly and seamlessly. 


Gallery assistants have the opportunity to learn gallery management skills that, otherwise, would be difficult to acquire, including a knowledge of practices and procedures to prepare exhibits for shipping, receiving, storage, preservation, installation and disassembly. Earnings are paid directly to the student each month as work is performed.

How to Become a Gallery Assistant

You should complete the Job Preference Form enclosed with your work-study award notification and return it to the Student Employment Coordinator at the Office of Student Financial Aid. Job assignments and additional information are mailed in late-July. You may also email your job preferences or any questions concerning Federal Work-Study to Lisa Myers, Student Employment Coordinator, at For more information about need-based federal work-study employment at Wake Forest University, please visit

Hiring Forms

Before you can begin working as a gallery assistant you are required to fill out documentation forms for purposes of hiring and compensation. These forms can be found below:

Direct Deposit Form (Found on WIN in electronic format. Go to Personal > Online Bills)
I-9 Form
NC-4 Form
W-4 Form